Last year, I gave up sweets for Lent. And I must say, it wasn’t easy. But one of the things that got me through was this low-sugar vegan chocolate milk when I needed a cocoa fix. And I still make it all the time over a year later. I’ve found that most sweet drinks are too sugary for me. So I love being able to add however much sugar I want by making my own drinks. If you’re like me, and you’re a major chocolate-lover, this vegan chocolate milk is definitely something you should try!
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- spoonful of raw honey (amount based on your sweetness preference)
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk (I like to use “barista blend” because it makes it thicker and creamier.)
- Put desired amount of honey in a jar.
2. Add cocoa powder.
3. Pour in hot water to melt the honey and cocoa.
4. Stir the liquid around until it appears to be one cohesive mixture.
5. Add almond milk.
6. Put lid on jar and shake until the almond milk is evenly dispersed.
- about 100 calories per serving
- 1.8 g dietary fiber
- 266 mg potassium
- 15 g sugar (with 1 tbsp honey)
- 3.8 g protein
- 69.8% daily value of calcium
- 17.3% daily value of iron
- 15% daily value of vitamin A
*The above values were determined using myfitnesspal.
*See here for the dietary reference intakes for various vitamins and minerals!