I’ve always loved the idea of eating vegetables in spaghetti form. Whether it be spaghetti squash or spiralized veggies, adding extra veggies to a meal in that way seems so great! In recent years, I’ve really started using spaghetti squash more in the kitchen. So I figured it was time to start experimenting with spiralized veggies! In light of this realization, I finally bought myself a vegetable spiralizer, and here we are.
The day that I bought my new spiralizer, I went home and started experimenting with a zoodle recipe. I made it up as I went, so it’s incredibly simple. But that makes it so easy to prepare! Per usual, I made a huge recipe, since I like to make my meals last. But feel free to halve this recipe if you’re looking for something smaller.
*makes about 7 servings
- 6 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 bell peppers, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Any other veggies you may want to add, diced
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, diced
- Tomato sauce
- Seasoning (I just used salt & pepper)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or wok.
- Add onions & garlic to pan, and sauté until slightly tender.
- Add bell peppers and/or other veggies of your choice.
- While veggies are cooking, spiralize the zucchini into a separate bowl.
- Add all zucchini noodles at once to the pan and mix in with other veggies.
- Turn off burner and toss in diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and pepper, and any other spices you may want.
- Add tomato sauce if desired and enjoy!
- About 160 calories per serving
- 1,116 mg potassium
- 7.5 g fiber
- 4.3 g protein
- 63% daily value of vitamin A
- 255% daily value of vitamin C
- 4% daily value of calcium
- 11% daily value of iron
*The above values were determined using myfitnesspal.
*See here for the dietary reference intakes for various vitamins and minerals!
This zoodles dish is such a great option for lunch or dinner if you’re looking for something light and nutritious, but still filling and delicious! And it really is easy. So if you want my advice, go out and buy your own spiralizer and start experimenting! You won’t regret it!
One response to “Homemade Vegan Zoodle Dish”
[…] recently started using and it’s a total game changer. (Check out my recipe for zoodles here.) This is such a great tool to incorporate more veggies into your diet! Don’t get me wrong, I […]