Ok, so this post isn’t as nutrition-based as my other posts are. But what I’m hoping to accomplish through this post is to give my readers some other excellent nutrition blogs and Instagram accounts to keep up with! …Along with My Food Farmacy, of course. (: So if you’re on the hunt for some other foodies to follow, keep reading!
My Favorite Blogs
- Werner Happy Eats
- Instagram: @wernouThere are so many things to love about Werner Happy Eats! I first found out about his blog through Instagram, where he consistently posts beautiful nutritious meals. On his website, he has a huge archive of all of the meals he’s made, with short little blurbs about each one. His recipes are super simple and very easy to make!
- The Cutting Veg
- Instagram: @thecutting vegSarah, the creator behind The Cutting Veg, is known for her plant-based meals, though she herself is not technically a vegetarian. On her blog, she has tons of in-depth, creative recipes (with tons of pictures included)! If you’re looking for more plant-based meals, head over to her site ASAP!
- Janie’s Got A Chicken
- Instagram: @livehealthyandfreeJanie is actually one of my good friends, and a fellow St. Louis University Nutrition student! (Woot woot!) I went to her for advice when starting up my own blog, because her site is so impressive. On her home page, she has huge archives of recipes for breakfast, entrees, low FODMAP, sides, snacks, and baked goods. She also makes it a point to incorporate balance into her content which is so important!
- Nonfiction Foods
- Instagram: @nonfictionfoodsWhen I discovered Nonfiction Foods, I was so excited! I had never seen a site like theirs before, and I feel like their content is so valuable and unique! I’ve always been really interested in the science behind food, and that’s their expertise. They delve into hot topics in the nutrition world by clearing up controversies with clear, hard scientific fact.
- Molly Cleary Nutrition
- Instagram: sayyestothefreshhMolly Cleary Nutrition is another site that really emphasizes balance. Her blog contains a ton of her homemade meals, with easy-to-read, straight-to-the-point instructions on how to make them yourself. She even includes the nutrition information of each meal, with calories and the macronutrients! (That’s definitely my favorite part.)
- Happilyy Healthy
- Instagram: @happilyyhealthyLindsey is the face behind happilyhealthy, and she is definitely a nutrition expert. Her site contains a ton of different healthy recipes and tips for how to eat well with a busy lifestyle. I also love keeping up with her Instagram, since she’s always posting healthy snack and meal ideas!
- Will Frolic For Food
- Instagram: @willfrolicforfoodOn her blog, Renee gives out countless recipe ideas, most of which are vegetarian, gluten-free, refined-sugar free, dairy free, and vegan optional. So her site is great for anyone with dietary restrictions! She also discusses lifestyle issues like developing a morning routine and eating well on a budget.
- Green Kitchen Stories
- Instagram: @gkstoriesGreen Kitchen Stories is a blog by a father and mother duo, David and Luise. They have a huge archive of recipes for breakfast & brunch, main dishes, soups, salads, sweets, breads, drinks, and side dishes. Each recipe has a detailed description of how the dish is made, along with beautiful pictures and video tutorials!
- Recipe Runner
- Instagram: @reciperunnerDanae, who is behind Recipe Runner, combined her passions for cooking and running into one blog, and it’s great. She mostly posts recipes, but occasionally she’ll post some of her running tips too! As a runner myself, I love hearing her tips and learning about her experiences.
- Crowded Kitchen
- Instagram: @crowded_kitchenCrowded Kitchen blog embodies everything cooking should be, something that brings families together around the kitchen table. This mother-daughter duo has come out with tons of great recipes for everything from breakfast time to cocktail hour. With each recipe, they write a detailed explanation of how to make it, along with some really beautiful pictures.
- And A Pinch of Love
- Instagram: andapinchofloveAnd A Pinch of Love is a website that is mostly recipes, but also a bit about general wellness and lifestyle. Her quirky blog posts are super fun and inspiring! And she definitely knows how to get creative with fruits and vegetables.
Food & Nutrition Instagram Accounts I Love
- @choosing_balancePey, the Missouri college student behind the choosing_balance Instagram account, is one of the sweetest Instagrammers I’ve ever contacted. She is so dedicated to mindfulness and balance, which is such a great combination with nutrition and food! This girl truly knows how to be honest with her viewers, and let’s them know that she is a real person. I absolutely love hearing her opinions on products and seeing what she makes for her meals.
- @meowmeixI really love Amanda’s @meowmeix Instagram account. She really gives a unique perspective on a lot of nutrition issues, from portion control to nutritious food swaps. Her pictures are filled with lots of healthy and easy snack ideas.
- @sara.havenSara’s Instagram is a beautiful, colorful masterpiece of meals. She really has a lot of creative food ideas, like zucchini pizza boats, sweet potato pancakes, taquitoes, and zoodles! Her meals are usually packed with protein, and really seem to follow the MyPlate model, which I love.
- @holyhealthGal Cohen is a Registered Dietitian and is constantly posting really fun, healthy dessert alternatives. Some of her ideas are caramel date candies, no-bake cinnamon rolls, cashew butter blondie brownies, and vegan chocolate ice cream. She also tries recipes from all different countries of the world, which is so cool and unique!
- @healthywaysfordaysRachel is the mastermind behind the @healthywaysfordays Instagram account. She is serious about leading a healthy lifestyle as an avid runner and nutrition enthusiast. Her pictures are usually simple, yet healthy meals that are easy to make. She also sometimes shares insight on some of her favorite products.
- @confessionsofadietitianI have been obsessed with the @confessionsofadietitian Instagram page ever since I found it a few years ago. Melissa Rifkin is an insightful Registered Dietitian who has great ideas for food swaps and loves to lay out her meals for an entire day in one post. Her knowledge of nutrition is so enlightening and inspiring!
- @partyinmyplantsParty in my Plants is such a fun account to keep up with! Her posts are so full of life and her personality really shows through each one of them. Talia, the face behind @partyinmyplants, hosts a podcast that goes along with her Instagram. She is always traveling and trying out a bunch of new products to recommend to her viewers
- @feelgoodfoodieFeel Good Foodie is one of the more widely-known that Instagram accounts I follow. She is always posting really great video clips of certain recipes, along with beautiful photographs of healthy meals and snacks. (My favorite thing that she’s made is her avocado ice cream… YUM!)
And there it is. The long list of my favorite blogs and Instagram accounts. If there are any on here you haven’t heard of before, go check them out! And if you have any blogs or Instagram accounts that you love that aren’t listed here, please share them in the comments!